With construction of the new northbound Willamette River Bridge underway, detours and flagger-controlled delays will facilitate safe and easy movement through the project.
Here’s what to expect as you travel:
- The northbound off-ramp from Interstate 5 to Franklin Boulevard is closed until October 2013. To reach Franklin Boulevard, use exit 191 to Glenwood Boulevard. After exiting, turn right on Glenwood Boulevard and travel north to Franklin Boulevard. The detour is clearly marked, with directional signs to businesses along Franklin Boulevard.
- The North Walnut Road path is closed east of I-5 and west through the Whilamut Natural Area of Alton Baker Park.
- Franklin Boulevard is subject to single lane closures and flagger-controlled delays, as construction of the new bridge columns and bridge falsework occurs near or over the roadway in the next three months.
- The Canoe Canal path under I-5 is open for all east and westbound pedestrian and bike traffic on the north bank. In late February, expect delays of up to 20 minutes when crews lift the new beams for the Canoe Canal Bridge into place.
- The South Bank Path under I-5 is subject to increased flagger-controlled delays daily due to construction activities.
Thank you for your patience as we move forward on this bridge replacement!